Limited access is granted to editors, reporters and freelancers, news (camera) crews and still photographers who have proper media credentials.
Please check Media Eligibility Requirements
- You must have an editorial role within a well-established news media outlet that publishes original content. Directories, advertisement and sales listings, distribution services and other non-news publications or websites are not eligible.
- Advertising, public relations, publishers, marketing and sales representatives, or other individuals or their representatives who are not actually reporting on the meeting will not be granted press badges
- and must register through general registration and pay the fees. Similarly, non-credentialed companions of properly credentialed media representatives must pay registration fees via general registration.
- Any Press Room badge holder who sells, markets or represents a company or organization for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any meeting registrant or exhibitor immediately forfeits press credentials.
- Your news outlet or blog must regularly cover food, health, wellness, or food science/technology related topics and receive at least 1,000 unique visitors per month.
- Specialty publications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, personal blogs, forums, communities and users groups will not be considered for media accreditation.
- Freelance writers and photographers must present a letter of assignment from an approved media outlet to be granted a press badge. Similarly, broadcast or online production company representatives must present a letter of assignment from an approved news media outlet.
- Media outlet interns and student practitioners accompanying credentialed media representatives must show proof of employment.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- Video crews must present a shoot schedule one week prior to the 1st day of the event.
- Scientific sessions cannot be photographed, filmed or recorded.
- Television crews, documentary film crews, video crews and photographers covering the meeting are required to check in immediately at the Press Room each day, and must be accompanied at all times by an IFT staff member when shooting inside the convention center or at one of offsite meeting locations
- Shooting schedules and on-camera interview requests must be provided in writing in advance to ensure Press Room staff availability.
- As a courtesy to exhibitors, television and video crews, photographers, and radio reporters must obtain permission from IFT as well as the specific exhibitor before recording or filming.
(Please be prepared to present at least one of the following):
- Officially issued press credentials (by media outlet, government or other recognized issuer)
- A business card with your name, editorial staff title and media outlet
- A letter of assignment from editor/producer of an approved media outlet (photo copies not accepted)
- Current publication masthead with your name and title
- News article published within the past six months with your byline